Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Lab Technician II, Extraction will fear no barrier in the pursuit of ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, reporting production issues, being a strong teammate, and effectively producing products for the manufacturing team.
This role is with Goodblend, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Responsible for day-to-day extraction processes and concentrate production, including wax, shatter, distillate, and food grade oil
- Follows Extraction standard operating procedures with safety as the highest importance
- Maintain accurate counts, weights, and labels at all times
- Responsible for inventory, recordkeeping, auditing and quality control of all products
- Responsible for physical tracking binder
- Responsible for sock tracking
- Coordinates product tracking and ensuring proper inventory levels in each room
- Acquires and documents samples for testing
- Keeps up with Testing Requirement Updates
- Will handle all LL movements, conversions, and lab samples for extraction
- Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity
- Create and maintain organized and consistent tracking systems for both existing and new products
- Ensures quality control, making sure that all Extraction products are created and inventoried accurately
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in analytical quality management, including QA/QC methods
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Ability to multitask and be aware of multiple active processes.
- Minimum A.A., B.A./B.S. preferred
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with a possible company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Financial opportunity; an incentive program that provides opportunity to earn cash AND equity in a fast-growing company and industry
- Employee discount
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism opportunities through Benevity
- Ability to be in constant standing/moving position
- Ability to perform various physical activities, including lifting, standing and squatting
- Lift 60 pounds unassisted or up to 80 pounds assisted
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 37920
Location/Region: Monroeville, PA (15146)