Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Indoor Cultivation Supervisor works closely with the Cultivation Manager and Assistant Cultivation Manager to ensure that the Flower department is properly cultivating and producing the best quality medical marijuana. Capable of performing the duties of a Cultivation Team Lead and provides leadership, supervision and guidance to the Flower Department.
This role is with Pennsylvania Market, one of the renowned retail brands under the Parallel umbrella. Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Report directly to the Cultivation Manager and Assistant Cultivation Manager
- Responsible and accountable for the Veg/Flower Team and all aspects of the Cultivation process
- Direct reports include Cultivation Team Leads and Team Members within the Flower Department
- Initiates and maintains plant Cultivation by following Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Work closely with the Cultivation Manager and Assistant Cultivation Manager and other Supervisors regarding all elements of cultivation and production
- Ensures staff work in a timely manner and consistently to increase productivity Ensures staff maintains plants consistently and utilizes Parallel methods (i.e. trellising, pruning, scouting, lighting, etc.)
- Manages inventory and communicates with leadership when purchasing
- Manages day to day issues as they arise, requesting assistance as needed
- Works closely with Cultivation Manager, Assistant Cultivation Manager and Integrated Pest Management team to track plants
- Ensures staff provide water and nutrients appropriately. Accurately weigh and measure nutrient and watering needs
- Maintains and monitors irrigation system, lighting, and plant work
- Accurately and consistently maintains the tracking of each plant and movement via the seed-to-sale tracking system.
- Works closely with Clone, Nursery, Mother Room Supervisor with scheduling plant transfers from the Clone or Nursery rooms to Veg/Flower rooms
- Works closely with Harvest Supervisor to coordinate Harvest schedule
- Works closely with Environmental Services Team Lead to coordinate the cleaning of harvested rooms
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Minimum of 1-year cultivation experience required
- Additional degree related experience preferred
- Upbeat and high energy professional, very organized and detail oriented
- Must have strong communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally at all times, leading by example
- Excellent computer skills required
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Indoor growing environment. Requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, lift and stoop continuously.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted and up to 80 lbs. assisted.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Equity opportunity; ability to share in both the short-term and the long-term financial success of Parallel
- Employee discount
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Parallel reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this job description. Your employment with Parallel is a voluntary one and is subject to termination by you or Parallel at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this document shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Parallel associates.
Internal ID: 37116
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA